Wednesday, March 3, 2010

6 Months Old!




Kenleigh turned 6 months old this last Monday. I guess she really only gets a real half birthday on Leap year so we had to go March 1st this year. I thought Kenleigh changed a lot over her fifth month but apparently change is going to start coming faster and faster. This month flew by and Kenleigh is growing right before our eyes. She has her 6 month appointment on Monday so we’ll see how much she has actually grown then. Kmae had a rough couple weeks this month too. She caught a stomach bug and bronchilitus and ended up in the hospital for a night to get re-hydrated and other fun stuff. She’s better than ever now though. She’s moving like crazy, though not yet showing any signs of crawling. She scoots backwards which is so cute. We just lay her on the floor and seconds later I swear she is across the room. I made a ton of homemade baby food this month so we had some yummy food for when she was ready for solids. I was really letting her tell us when she was ready. We started last week and she’s done really well. Though, I swear it’s making her sleep worse. I stopped a couple days ago to see if my suspicions were justified and I say they are. I know the doc will make us start on Monday though. We think she is teething but have yet to see any tooth buds. Other fun changes are below.

  • She is getting close to sitting on her own. She gets too distracted and falls over still though.
  • She loves to have her feet free so she can play with her feet…she tries to get them in her mouth.
  • She loves necklaces, mom’s hair, tags, remotes, cell phones, and garbage.
  • She belly laughs a lot more. It melts me.
  • She has started reaching for people when she wants you. Also my favorite when she reaches for me.
  • She growls at her binki all the time. It’s in her hand getting growled at more than it’s in her mouth.
  • She still loves her baths – it’s a fun time for the three of us.
  • Her eyes are green! Just what we were hoping for!

4 comments:

Rasmussens said...

She is so yummy. It was so fun to get to see you guys.We really need to get together more. Thanks it was fun.

Marcy Cheney said...

It's so funny to look at the differences in the 5 & 6 month pictures---worlds different!!! She is so cute and I had so much fun being around her--wish I had felt a little better tho :( Anyway, can't wait to see y'all in May and can not wait for her Grandpa to finally meet her. Love you guys so much...Mama

*Brittany* said...

She is SO ADORABLE!! I love the picture of Zack holding Kenleigh and she's smiling. So cute!

slimpossible28days said...

Yum yum...I wish paper tasted that good to me!! I say this every month, but I cannot believe she is 6 months. Time flies by too quickly.