Monday, February 2, 2009

Yay for good news!!!

I’m back! I’m blogging…my dad says, “it’s about damn time.” January has been a crazy month for me. It turns out I’m pregnant. I say that as though I had no idea…and that’s not true. We planned and it happened so quick I was shocked and excited and shocked, and mostly excited! I found out the day I got to Cancun that I was pregnant. I tested abnormally early and got a positive and couldn’t believe my eyes. God was just telling me a bit early so he could make sure I was extra careful on my trip. Unfortunately I may have been so careful that I didn’t get my full fun out of Cancun. Maybe some day I’ll return and try again. I was a nervous wreck. It is my first child and I wanted this so badly I didn’t know what was acceptable. When we were on the speed boats the ocean was so choppy I kept telling Zach to slow down because I was afraid he was going to knock the baby loose. Poor Zach. When we went zip lining I thought the harness would suffocate the little fella’. I had to decide, me or the baby…well that’s what I thought I was choosing between. Turns out I was too scared to fall so I wouldn’t loosen the harness. I really wanted to though. Also turns out stuff like that doesn’t suffocate babies. If anyone’s unsure about child bearing call me, I’ve researched it all! When we got back from Cancun the sickness kicked it. Thank you for not letting me be sick in Cancun. In the last month I’ve lost about 10 pounds. Maybe a couple of those pounds were lost in Cancun because I was afraid of much of the food. Ok so in January I’ve lost 8 pounds. I love to eat, I loved to eat. I never want to eat again. I really don’t. I have aversions to almost every food known to man. As I sit here there is nothing I can imagine eating that would make me happy. I lied, a lemon. I peel them and eat them like oranges. Those are yummy. Don’t worry hygienists in the family, I brush after! I told my parents the day we got home from Cancun. In dad fashion I heard, “it’s about damn time”. I wonder on days if I’ll get more than that but I think that means “congrats, this grandchild will be my favorite”. Sorry Cori, there’s only room for one! Just kidding, I don’t think Launa or Teiha could get beat out! Anyway, I wanted all my family and friends to hear the good news. I’m 10 weeks today and so excited. The doctor said I was pretty much out of the danger zone so that’s why I’m announcing it now. I know anything can happen so keep us in your prayers. I’m so excited and I feel like at this point in my life I’ve never wanted anything so bad. We had an ultra sound today. I didn’t scan the picture but have a pretty good idea of what I saw so I drew it for you all to get an idea of what my little baby looks like. It’s not to scale, apparently it’s the size of a Brazilian nut. Whatever that size is. That’s according to my weekly pregnancy calendar I get emailed to me! I love you all!!

24 comments:

Rasmussens said...

I am so dang excited for you guys. We are going to have one close together. That will be so fun. I hope you get feeling better. Hang in there. It will get better.

Katy said...

Horray!!!!!!!!!!!! SO excited for you!!!! Lemons!? You're crazy! I hope you're feeling better soon! Congrats, you're gonna be such a great mom!

Marcy Cheney said...

YAY is right Missy!!! So glad we no longer have to keep your secret..never have been very good at that. Not sure you'll get more of a response out of your Dad until the little one can come & go hunting and exploring with Grandpa, but hey, that just leaves more "ME" time for Nana. In his words, "babies are just bags of bones, until they can walk and talk." Love you guys and can't wait to see you this summer...unless of course you wanna come see us for Easter (hint, hint).

P.S. Love the teddy bear rendition of little MJ..

Salazar Family said...

Yay!! Sara Im so excited for you! Make sure you keep your blog updated with all kinds of details! Congrats!!!

Stefanie said...

Yippee! I'm so glad you announced it so I don't accidentally let the cat out of the bag! ;) congrats guys! Love ya tons!

The Leavitt Family said...

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so excited for you and Zach. Having a child is the best experience in the world and it only gets better with time. When is your due date? Hope you get feeling better soon. How fun, we're prego at the same time. Too bad we don't hang out to share belly stories. I'm up if you are. :)

Good luck with everything and keep in touch!

Crystal

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

Congratulations Sara!

You're not that weird. When my mom was pregnant with me she craved lemons with salt on them.

I totally empathize with you. Everything made me sick. I had to hold my breath when I walked past the break room at work because if I even smelled what my coworkers had in the microwave I'd become nauseous. Give it some time and the sickness will get better. You're in for some really fun times.

Lesli said...

Congrats! That is so fun! You guys are going to be great parents. I am so excited for you both. Keep the update on your blog!

Lisa said...

Yay!!!!! Now you can share in our stories of "when I was pregnant." I am so excited for you. If you think you love the little thing now, wait till you are done being sick and you will love it so much more for not making you sick anymore. Does that make sense?

Michelle said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!! Good luck with the sickness, it can be rough but just think of the end result! Hope you feel better soon.

Kathy said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

Cisneros Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you guys!! You will be a great mom! I'm sorry you are sick. That kind of sucks, but it's worth it:) I'm sure you don't care to hear that!! Hope to see you guys this summer. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, I am soooo excited to she that cute lil shit and love it to pieces!(That's what my mom would want me to tell you for her) I knew you guys could reproduce! In spite of life long retarded menstruation, you did it! Congrats darlin', and you will be in my prayers! xo-Selena

Andrea said...

That is the best news EVER!!! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait till you find out what your having! Well are you gonna find out, or keep it a surprise? I think, either way (and when I'm in Utah), we will need to go shopping!!!

Love ya lots and hope you feel better soon!

Becky said...

My sis told me you were prego. I am so excited for you! You better post pics of your cute growing tummy. I was sick for like 3 months straight with both my girls, but don't worry, when that's over you will LOVE food!!!
Miss you tons.

Starla said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys, kids are the best. There is nothing harder and more rewarding than kids. I am sorry you are sick, that is no fun. I was super sick with Sofie so my doctor recommended a half a tablet of Unisom with 200mg of Vitamin B6. I was still sick but I could keep food down. I know you feel terrible now but I promise you will forget how miserable you feel! We really need to get together sometime! Again we are so excited for you! That is awesome! We will keep you in our prayers and I hope you feel better soon! Love you guys!

Stella said...

From you "other" MOM "I'm going to be a grandma again. Cancun sounded crazy but I remember Cabo well, those water taxi hmmmmmm. Excited for you. Love Stella

Audrey said...

Ok so I'm a little late on an official congrats online! I've been busy! At least I got to talk with you! I'm so excited for you! I hope all is going well. miss you boo boo! Love Aud

Kim and Sean said...

Congrats! My mom told me this week. I am a little behind it looks like! I need to keep better in touch and check your blog more often. I am very excited for you!! Being a parent is very rewarding. You just have to tell yourself with the sickness that this too will pass. It does get better. Love ya, Kim

Marcy Cheney said...

Oh Missy....we miss you too! I booked our airline tickets yesterday, so it's now official that we will be coming in June!! Wish it were next week, but guess it will be worth the wait. Why don't you just hop on a plane and come see us??? If only it were that easy, huh?? WE love you and Zach so much and can't wait to meet our new grandbaby. Love ya...MAMA

j said...

Congratulations!!! What exciting news. It is the best being a mom. I'm excited for you guys!!! :) :) :) Any name ideas yet?

Meg said...

YAY....I was so excited to hear this from you!! Congrats and you are going to be such a fun mom...

I need your email address girl..so I can add you to my blog

j said...

Hey Sara! All I have to say is that great minds think alike right!! :) Mason is a fun name because there are a lot of good ways to shorten it for fun. I totally recommend it...and Mason James is even better..hehehe! Kenley is super cute too! Hope you're doing good! You'll have to kee us upated on how things are going.

Marcy Cheney said...

Okay Missy...it' been over a month since your last post! Quit being a slacker---LOL. Just kidding. Glad you're over your morning (or all day) sickness. I want to see pics of your "little bump" and want to hear your perspective on the last month. Dad and I miss you so much and can't wait for June to get here. Love ya...Mama