Monday, March 9, 2009

It's a.....dunnn dunnn dunnn.....

…I really have no idea what we’re having, well what I’M actually having. I say “we’re” because sweet Zach helped make the little dude or dudette, but I suppose he won’t be having anything…until it’s his (which I suppose it already is) and then he’ll HAVE a child. In the meantime, I’m not sure what I’ll be having…I just wanted to practice for next week when I do find out what gender our sweet buttercup is!
I’m doing this post strictly for my mama! She would like an update over the last month of pregnancy and she also wants to see a “baby bump” picture. Against my will I’m giving both. Against my will because I’m incredibly ashamed to say pregnancy thus far has chosen not to agree with me and for that I’m afraid I might be too negative. Admitting the problem they say is the first step so I’m hoping I keep some of the negativity to myself. Incase I don’t, please attribute it to hormones. Yes, hormones. The picture is against my will because I’m 16 weeks and look 40 weeks. Maybe that’s a bit dramatic. Though, I’m generally not a dramatic person so some will likely agree with my assessment. Though if you do please do not post it on my comments. My darling cousin Brooke is around 23 weeks pregnant and she posted a picture of her at 20 weeks along. I swear to you all you cannot tell she is pregnant. Many of you know who she is so I’m sure you’ll pause your reading and go compare her picture to mine below. However, those of you who don’t know her please do not search my blog list to compare pictures. That’s rude! I have several scientific reasons why she looks so little. 1 – I’m a lot shorter. 2 – she has experienced this before. Oh whatever, every blog has to have someone to analyze things. So let me get you started. #2 is actually a lie. They say the more kids you have the sooner you start showing. I know, I know. I guess I’m in denial. So I guess I only have one scientific reason why I’m a touch bigger in the belly and to be honest I’m not even sure I’m shorter than her. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that she is in incredible shape. I’m guessing she has abs of steel and they are helping her hold her sweet boy in, or that she is a marathon runner, probably craves healthy food…etc. It really has nothing to do with any of those reasons. I think she just has good genes. Yes, it’s my genes. Scientific reason #2 – I have bad genes. Brooke – I hope it’s ok half my post is about your cute belly. I hope you’re flattered at any rate!
So my update…I’m almost 16 weeks along. We find out next Monday what our baby’s gender is. I’m sooooooo excited. We do already have names picked out. I hate to write them for the world to see because I can’t guarantee they are official but I’m thinking so. Maybe I better wait just in case though! Since I found out I’m pregnant I have lost 14 pounds. I’ll find out Wednesday at my next appointment if I’ve put some weight back on. I’m guessing I have though. OOOHhh speaking of, I think that gives me reason #3 – go back a few posts in my blog when I talked about starving Zach (accidently of course). I think I learned back then that malnourished people tend to bloat. I’M BLOATING, there you have it! What a relief! So anyway, I thought around 13-14 weeks that my morning sickness was going away so I decided to stop the anti nausea medication. Two days later I thought I was dying. How dramatic does that sound? Again though, not a dramatic person. Turns out I had a lucky two days. I just can’t imagine I’ll be sick for an entire 40 weeks. No one is that bad in life right? I’m looking forward to the day of consistency and feeling good and I know it’s coming! FAITH!! In the beginning I used to talk to my little dude/dudette and ask Shim to not make me so sick! Later I had an ultrasound where Shim was flipping me off. I don't think I flipped my parents off until at least 16 and even then Iit was behind their backs. Sorry parents! After that I let Shim do what Shim chooses because I’m afraid of its wrath. Good parenting huh? I also think it’s inappropriate to call it Shim because that could give Shim a complex. I don’t speak it aloud and until Shim learns to read I’m not all that concerned. If however, you are concerned and you think I’m already starting out on a bad parenting track, again, please attribute it to hormones…oh and also please do not post that part on my comments. I did, for everyone’s enjoyment, post the ultrasound picture of Shim flipping us off! I cannot imagine anyone would disagree with the fact that we are blatently being flipped off. Ok I’m done. I’m sorry I was negative. I don’t really think I’m fat. Well I do, but what girl doesn’t? I also do not mind the sickness because my parents always say they would do ANYTHING for their kids and I tend to think I’ll agree. I already know I’ll do anything for Shim and if it means being sick for a few nine months I can handle it!


Sorry about the glare!

9 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

AWWWW...how cute is your little "bump"!!! I couldn't wait to get to the end of the post to see it, but I wanted to read it all and get the "Sara perspective" before looking at the pics. And as for being dramatic...No, not my Sara. I will say that I'm happy this post was solely for my benefit and I so appreciate it...you made my whole day. Just remember--this too shall pass---and in the end, little Shim will bless your lives more than you can even imagine. Even on the days when lil Shim chooses to flip you off, you will have more love for Shim than you could ever conceive. I hope your appt. goes well tomorrow and that you've put on a few pounds and hopefully the "all day morning sickness" will soon subside. I love you more than ever and look forward to meeting our sweet little Shim.

Stefanie said...

I think you're bump picture is adorable! And Sara not dramatic...no not at all! :) Can't wait to see what the little on is!

Salazar Family said...

I think your baby bump is so cute... At least you have a baby bump I just get fat right off and then my belly completely explodes off my body... I know you can agree! I get HUGE! And Im so excited to hear what your having!! How exciting!

Jeremy & Amy Mahmood said...

I've seen it live, and felt it (sorry about the space invasion :)) It's definitely NOT bloating. You look really thin in that picture it's awesome!

Rasmussens said...

I think you look awesome. I am so excited for you to find out. I will be waiting. As for what you said, I think you are being nice. I feel like a cow. I hope you get feeling better. Lots of love sent to you.

Kathy said...

Sara, you look great! Your little bump is not big at all. Can't wait to find out what you are having.

Lizz Pizza said...

Umm... so you are seriously the cutest thing ever!! You look like I looked the minute I conceived! :-) I love you and Im so excited! Can't wait to find out what you are having!! (oh.. I meant you guys!) Can I please come see you soon?!!! Miss you!!

Carrie said...

I think the bump looks great and you are much braver than I am! I haven't even taken a picture since I got prego! So exicted for monday and for me to win the bet! XOXO

Becky said...

First of all YOUR TINY. He he your baby is already causing you grief....so much to look forward to. It's ok to be negetive once in a while, your prego, it's a good excuse for everything! I can't wait to hear what your having