Thursday, October 29, 2009

Two Months Old

So sad I forgot to take the mittens off!
Kenleigh is two months old today. That is absolutely crazy for me to say. I thought the last two months of my pregnancy would never end and yet here I am two months in to motherhood. Best role I’ve ever played for sure! Kenleigh is such a joy in our lives; we really cannot get enough of her. I only have just over three weeks left before I have to go back to work and it’s seriously breaking my heart. If anyone out there knows of part time or just more than part time work that I could get insurance please shout it out to me! I’ll do anything to go back with flexible hours!!! Zach hates it enough that he has to be away from her; we can’t imagine how it’s going to feel when I go back. Good thing we have a good babysitter. Thanks Amy! Kenleigh had her two month appointment on Monday. Everything looks great. At two weeks she weighed 7 lbs 13 oz (50th percentile) and was 20.5” long (75th percentile). At two months she weighed 9 lbs 14 oz (40th percentile) and is 22” long (70th percentile). So she is still long and lean! She had her shots and those have not been very fun. I have heard to expect them to be fairly fussy for few days and lose their appetite. She has done both. She is pretty fussy and wants to eat but when I give her the bottle she really fights it. She still eats it but it takes triple the normal time to get down. It makes me so sad. She LOVES her daddy. She had such a fussy day yesterday and as soon as dad came home he had her laughing and smiling for so long. It was really cute. Zach is great at coming home and taking over for me for a bit so I can get some other stuff done. I may take this next part back eventually but as of right now she is a great night time sleeper. She sleeps in her crib (alone!) and has since 6 weeks. I have to say ‘alone’ because this was really hard for me. I knew I had to go back to work when she was 12 weeks old and I wanted the transition to be as seamless as possible. I knew I wanted her in her room by then so I figured 6 weeks should be enough time. I am super paranoid and don’t do very well with her being without me so for the first few nights we pulled the mattress off the spare bed and put it on her floor next to her crib. It was a rough few nights. Then a few people told me she probably sensed I was there (I smell so yummy) and relied on that. I finally decided to get out of her room. Don’t worry, our room down the hall just still seemed too far away so I camped out in the room across from hers. It’s closer. After a few nights I missed Zach so I talked him into sleeping in there with me. After night one in a full size bed he was done. He convinced me to come home. I did it…for a week (almost) I have been in my own bed and Kenleigh in hers. It’s nice to have night talk again with the hubby…I missed him! It’s getting easier. I’m still up super late checking on her a million times but I finally fall asleep. She was fairly scheduled during the day. She ate every three hours with her last bottle at 8 p.m. then off to bed until 8 the next morning. However the last few days she has wanted to eat more often but the same amount of food. I tried to up her ounces to keep the every three hours but I’m thinking it isn’t working. She’d still like more often. Maybe a growth spurt. She just had one of those though so who knows? Either way, what Kenleigh wants she gets! Here are a few more updates:
*She lost most the hair she had when she was born but it’s filling back in…so cute and still red!
*She smiles a lot and is really starting to talk. She laughs and smiles the very most when I go in to get her out of her crib in the morning still. Cracks me up!
*She holds her head up so well but still fights tummy time. I think I’ll give her a rest for awhile.
*She HATES being in the car. I don’t think it’s so much her car seat though. She’s fine until she’s locked in the car!
*During her daytime naps she likes me to rock her to sleep and then I’m ok to put her in the swing.
*She still has the hiccups a lot but not as often.
*She is still just perfect!

4 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Oh I miss that sweet little girlie so much!!! She is absolutely perfect and you and Zach are great parents. Dad and I are hoping she keeps her "diva" attitude as it's only fair..right??? Anyhow, give her kisses from Grampa and Nana...Love y'all

Salazar Family said...

She has the most precious little face ever!!! I love it!

grams said...

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. WE JUST HAVE TO SEE HER SOON. WE ARE TALKING SALT LAKE IN DEC. HOPE IT WORKS. LOVE YA

Rasmussens said...

She is so sweet and beautiful. We really need to get together again. Hope you are doing well.