Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh, I Love Her!

Kenleigh is eight weeks old today. That’s crazy. I can’t believe that I have a two month old. Oh how I love her. I’m going to attempt writing a blog but I’m not sure it won’t take hours. Let’s have some fun and just see. Right now it’s 1:03 p.m. on Thursday. I feel like I can’t get on the computer anymore because I’m always attending to Kenleigh. I have a feeling it’s not supposed to be this way though…or maybe it is. The only computering I do these days is on my phone. I have decided to put K-Mae in her bouncy seat and sit her at my feet. Is it gross that my foot is bouncing her chair (on top of the vibrating and white noise it’s doing on its own) just to see if I can write a post? Anyhow her it goes…I’m having emotional debates internally I do believe. We have had some rough roads with fussiness (which I’ll explain in her two month blog post) but all in all I’d say we have a pretty content baby. She is very scheduled in her eating and then I try and play with her for a bit before she takes a nap. *Note – K-Mae wasn’t having the bouncy seat…it’s now Monday morning at 9:22. Anyway, here was the problem. Kenleigh sleeps great at night but doesn’t nap anywhere but her swing during the day. Well lately I have been feeling guilty because she looks so cute, yet lonely over in her swing even though she is sleeping; so I pick her up. For some reason I think she’ll continue her nap on me or on her boppy where I don’t feel like I’ve abandoned her. Well, that never happens. Instead I just make her mad – in turn stopping me from getting anything done. All the adults in my life have recently told me to LEAVE THE BABY IN THE SWING. I guess if that’s where she sleeps I shouldn’t feel like I have abandoned her; she’ll cry if she needs me. Nice huh? Took me a while to figure that out! So….on to the real story I’m here to blog about.
I have always been told that babies love the car. If you have a fussy baby take her for a car ride. Yeah right. Who came up with that? It certainly doesn’t work for us. K-Mae will be incredibly content…we put her in the car seat and she chills…we put her in the car and all bets are off. She HATES the car. Last Sunday Zach and I wanted to go up to Park City Outlets and get her some cute outfits. We thought we’ll feed her first and by the time we get there she’ll surely be zonked out. It’s a good 25-30 minute drive. We were so wrong. She cried THE ENTIRE WAY. I’m not even kidding you. Then she was just mad. She wasn’t about to allow shopping to go on. I finally sat her down and explained to her that the shopping was for her; that she’d be voted best dressed if she’d let us shop. She finally agreed under a few conditions. Zach had to let me do the shopping while he held her facing forward close to the front door so she could look out at all times all while he was pacing back and forth. It’s true, we conceded. I shopped like I was on Shop Til You Drop. So fast… I went to check out and oh man…that woman at the checkout didn’t stop. She talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked (annoying huh?). That’s what she did. Zach begged K-Mae to cry so the woman would get the hint. She didn’t instead K-Mae sat there so content. Her timing is impeccable. So after a long…30 minutes…of Shop Til You Drop we thought surely she was worn out and the drive home would be relaxing. It wasn’t. She cried THE ENTIRE WAY. Poor girlie. But her clothes sure are cute!!! Here are a few pictures of my darling.

This is the day I tried to bounce her with my foot while I computered.

This is her getting ready to be buckled in her car seat. Happy as long as she isn't going to be put in a car!

How cute is she so tiny in her huge crib?

Waving hello from the bumbo!

Thanks Mom for finally taking me out of the dreaded bumbo!

6 comments:

Starla said...

She is so stinkin' cute! Sofie is the same way in the car. She has NEVER slept in the car until she has cried for at least 30 minutes. Emma on the other hand ALWAYS fell right asleep as soon as she got in the car. In fact she is 4 and still falls asleep in the car in 5 minutes. Each kid is different. You just have to find what works with that baby and if it means they are asleep (safely) then by all means leave them there until they are awake. They turn out just fine if they spend 3/4 their life in a swing or a bouncer(Sofie):o) I am glad to hear all is well! It is amazing how fast they grow up. Enjoy that little baby stage, it goes away too fast! We still need to get together sometime :o)

Marcy Cheney said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that lil Mini Mae already gets her way and knows how to seriously annoy her parents!!! Seriously though...she is adorable and I'm sure she is the best dressed 2 month old ever. I miss her so much (and you and Zach..haha!) Enjoy the next couple weeks with her before you head back to the work world. Love ya Missy...

Lisa said...

So cute!!

Stefanie said...

Well that'll teach you, to take her shopping!!! :) I agree with momma...like mother like daughter! She knows what to get from her daddy...and mommy too!

The Leavitt Family said...

The swing...what would we do without the swing? Baby #2 will be different. She better learn to shop, I need some gals to go shopping with. LOL I'm glad to hear everything is good with her. She's absolutely beautiful, but what else could you expect when she has beautiful parents?! :0)

Kathy said...

She's adorable! Sometimes we just need to learn the hard way what works. I have found that it is much easier to get the shopping done when I am alone. It takes me almost twice as long when I have Lance with me and I'm the only adult. Hopefully it will get better for you soon.