Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby Steps...

It’s true, I can’t stop smiling. Who knew that a trip to the grocery store could be soooo much fun? As I once mentioned I am not a chef…heck I am not a cook…who am I kidding I can’t cook a bowl of cereal. Maybe that’s my first problem. I don’t think you are supposed to cook a bowl of cereal…are you? Just kidding; maybe I don’t give myself enough credit. Okay so I don’t cook and it’s probably something I’ll never pick up…or don’t intend to pick up anyway. I do however do a mean load of laundry, I can vacuum like a maniac, and I can even clean a toilet better than Mr. Clean himself. Anywhoo, since I don’t cook I’m not always sure what to buy at the grocery store. Zach has never liked grocery shopping but I think about 3 months into our marriage he learned if he didn’t come with me to help pick food out he probably wouldn’t eat. Bless his sweet sole. I love when he comes to the grocery store with me. He is such a big help. Ha ha, I make him sound like he’s 3. He really helps though because he gives me such great ideas. Well, I think I’ve told you all that 8 weeks ago Zach broke his hip. Life has pretty much been at a stand still because there isn’t a lot he can do right now. Onto the good news…He FINALLY came shopping with me again. I was so lucky because he was not really up for the embarrassment of…See Below:


Yes, that’s right – THE SCOOTER! Ha ha ha ha ha, he is so freaking cute. He just rode along with me on his little scooter. I should say on his man scooter. I mean this was no ordinary scooter; I can’t explain why but just trust me. Zach will kill me when he sees this post. The entire time we were there he was bright red with embarrassment. I honestly almost felt bad for asking (making) him come with me. He kept saying, “Sara people can’t even see a cast, they probably think I’m faking.” It was darling!


This is us just about to leave the store. I MADE him take pictures and he was dying. He was so embarrassed. In fact my excitement carried on the whole way home and his embarrassment continued as well. I danced and sang and danced and danced…and sang and danced! He finally said, “do you only do things like this to embarrass me?” Ha ha, good thing he knows he can’t get away from me now! I love him so much and I especially love his willingness AND patience to put up with my insanity!

4 comments:

Rasmussens said...

You my dear are a crack up. You are also so dang cute. Hope you guys are doing well. We really need to get together and have a BBQ. You are still in Salt Lake aren't you? If not I will feel stupid.

Marcy Cheney said...

That's CLASSIC!!! Dad will be jealous when he sees that Zach got to drive the scooter. YOu, by the way, look so cute in those pics. I love your hair. Hang in there and we'll see you in a week. Love you guyz...

Stefanie said...

HA HA HA!!! He looks so manly on his scooter! You look fabulous!

Audrey said...

How fun is that. I love that story. :) I love your hair it's so cute! I hope you're being good. Miss you, Love Aud