Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Husband is Incredible!!!

So Zach had his 8 week doctor’s appointment for his hip on Friday. The appointment went SO good! Dr. Hawes (Zach’s Hawesome Doctor…..ha ha ha ha I’m laughing at my own joke) told Zach the break couldn’t look better. He said he actually could no longer even see the break. There was one part of the pelvis that broke off when the femur came out of socket (well most the femur, the rest was sheered off by the pelvis) that he couldn’t fix because he couldn’t find the broken bone inside him and he wanted to limit the amount of metal that went in; anyway, he said that part actually filled itself in which isn’t very common. Go Zach! So Dr. Hawes told Zach to wean himself off crutches within the next week during physical therapy. When we got to the parking lot Zach tried to put full weight on his leg. He said it was hard because his leg felt like jell-o. Literally less than 2 hours later he called me at work saying he was walking normal with full weight and no crutches. He’s insane. He hasn’t touched the crutches since and I’ve never seen him happier….besides our wedding day when he was ecstatic….mmmmm hmmmm! The doctor told Zach he could play basket ball within 1-2 months but not at full speed. Zach is giving himself 3 months so he can just concentrate on working out to the fullest and going back, excuse me but, “balls to the wall”. Then I’m thinking he’ll make himself eligible for the 2009-2010 NBA draft! Ha – he can dream…we can dream! MONEY and a job he loves, who wouldn’t want that? Anyway, I just needed to brag a little. I’m so proud of his recovery and I think I did more complaining than he did!

I'm thinking this face is saying, "if you take one more picture of me I'm going to throw our computer through a window so you can't blog anymore!"
This is him at the physical therapist's office making his first appointment!
Yay for recovery!!!

4 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

YAH for Zach!!!! I'm thinking he ditched the crutches so he could run, not walk away from the camera and not be the source of so many great blog entries. I love your new blog layout--it looks great. I wish I could figure out how to do a new cute one--maybe someday I will become computer literate and figure it out. See you in a couple days. Love you guys

Lizz Pizza said...

So exciting!! Congrats both of you! ;) Your doing an awesome job Zach! Sorry we are sucky friends and haven't gotten to see you yet! :(

grams said...

hi sara, this is just a test to see if it will go. i just wrote a great comment and it erased itself, so i will try this and see what happens. love ya lots, grandma

grams said...

HI AGAIN, WELL THE LITTLE COMMENT WENT THROUGH SO I WILL TRY AGAIN.
I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT WE LOVE AND MISS YOU AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. I'LL BET YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME IN WYO. DID YOU DRIVE OR FLY? SO GLAD ZACH IS DOING SO GOOD. YOU GUYS ARE SO FUN. I ESPECIALLY WANTED TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. WISH WE COULD ALL CELABRATE WITH YOU. GRANDPA SAYS THANKS FOR THE NICE TRIBRUTE YOU GAVE HIM IN YOUR BLOG. HE WAS SO HAPPY. OUR REUNION WAS OKAY, NOT MUCH FAMILY THERE. JERAMY SAID HE SAW KYLE AWHILE BACK AND WAS HOPING HE WOULD BE THERE. HIS LITTLE BOY HAS CYSTIC FIBROSIS. HE IS SO CUTE. I SENT YOU AND EMAIL AWHILE BACK BUT DON'T KNOW IF YOU GOT IT OR NOT, SO I THOUGHT YOU WOULD GET THIS. TELL CORI AND KYLE & ZACH HELLO, AND KEEP IN TOUCH. WE LOVE YOU, GRANDMA, YOUR BLOGS ARE GREAT