Saturday, June 7, 2008

Amazing!!!

So I have the most amazing story to share with you guys. My sister Cori called me a couple days ago to tell me this and I about died. She works at a family practice clinic and a few weeks ago this guy came in and she was getting all his vitals and whatever and as she was puting him in his room to wait for the doctor he told her that she had such a familiar sole (a lovely sole I'll add). When he was leaving the office he told her that she is so great and he would just love to work with her every day because of her cheeryness (is that a word?). Anyway, this man came back in last week to bring his mother who had an appointment. Cori is the one that roomed her so she got to sit and talk to them again. He kept telling her that he felt like she shared the same sole with someone that he knew. She didn't want to ask who because what are the odds she would know the person anyway. Well he told her the name Sara Cheney. She said she almost fell to the floor. Before she could get a word in he said "you look nothing like her, but I feel like you share a sole." How incredible. She told him that we were sisters and that for the longest time we haven't even been together because I had lived in North Carolina and not long after I moved back Cori moved to California. I loved this story because seriously what are the odds that someone would put the two of us together. We honestly look nothing a like. There are pictures below for those who need reminders on what we look like. So it turns out that this guy is the owner of the company that I work for. He came up to my desk today to tell me the same story. The funniest part is that he knows me by Sara Cheney and I only worked there for like 2 months with my maiden name. Should I be offended? Great, now I think i'm offended. Well Cori had her tonsils out yesterday and her right sinus rebuilt (or something, I really don't know the exacts because I'm definately medically challenged) and I was feeling sad for her so I came home and started going through pictures. These are what I found...


This was taken in the summer of 2003. It was the first time I went to visit her in California. Brandon was out at Sea for the Navy and we were clearly not in our right minds. I love doing make-up so I begged her to let me do her make-up. She nicely obliged as long as I let her put lipstick on me (something I will never wear). I nicely obliged. Remind me that at some point the obliging must come to an end or we end up looking like this...

I'm not sure what went wrong but I'm pretty sure Cori had something to do with it. We were laughing so hard that we went to the neighbors (I think around 1 a.m.) to have her take pictures! Cori, that was rude of you!

Cori, this is dedicated to you. I hope you feel better soon. I love your guts!

5 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Oh...I just LOVE that story. Although I have to agree that you two don't look a whole lot alike, you do share the same Cheney genes and we all know what that means!! Anyhow I miss you two so much and am glad we will get to see you in just a few short weeks. Cori did sound a bit rough last night when Dad and I called her, but she will bounce back really quick and be back to her old self. You guys are the BEST and can't wait to see you...Love ya lots

Cisneros Family said...

That is an amazing story! So cool! I am glad you commented on my blog! These blogs are very addicting, but such a good way to keep informed on how everyone is doing. Have a good week. Hopefully we can see you guys this summer.

Stacie said...

Wow it is really a small world. That is a really cool story. You guys must be a lot more a like than you realize. I hope you all are doing well. Thanks for sending a link to your blog. I love keeping up with everyone.

Stacie said...

Sarah Sorry about the previous comment from dogwood lettering. That is my business and I am in the process of creating a blog for it, but what I didn't realize was that by creating another blog for my business I was deleting all of my other info. Hopefully I got it right this time. -Stacie

Kim and Sean said...

That is a great story! How fun is that! I love reading your posts. They are so much fun and always leave me with a smile. Have a good one! Kim