Monday, March 16, 2009

Finally!!!

So Zach and I cheated today and went to Fetal Foto to find out the gender of our sweet baby. I’m sure you can tell by my new background that we are having a girl!!! I’m so excited, words cannot even begin to describe. All you mothers know what I’m talking about. I had a hunch from the moment I found out I was pregnant that I was having a girl. We were sitting at dinner in Cancun and a friend said, “oh it’s a boy!” I’m sure he was trying to keep Zach pumped. We bet $10 right there and then because I just had no doubt in my mind that he was wrong. Today he found out he has to pay up on his bet! Anyway, I hadn’t imagined that when the ultrasound tech said we no longer have to call her a shim because she’s a girl that I would be surprised. I mean I’ve known all along. The words just shot from my mouth, “I told you so Zach” followed by tears galore. It was INCREDIBLE to put an identity to my sweet little child. We knew right away that if we were having a girl we are going to name her Kenleigh Mae. Zach’s not sold on the spelling because he thinks that’s too hard for a little 3 or 4 year old to learn to spell. How cute is he, already thinking ahead! Then there is me, sure she might have a tough time spelling it but when she learns cursive can you imagine the cute signature!? Ha ha ha!! Of course the first people I called were my parents in Georgia, I started crying all over again. Since the day I said “I do” and I knew I finally found the man I would spend the rest of my life with I have never felt so AMAZING as I do on this day! I’m not even sure that’s the word. I never imagined I could feel so complete. I swear I have been feeling her kick (or punch) for a couple of days now, but I knew it could be anything because it’s still so early. The ultrasound tech had no doubt it was her that I have been feeling. She was soooo active I couldn’t stop laughing. Her feet kept kicking my uterus during the ultrasound. It was very obvious she wanted her presence known. Zach called her a (please excuse the language) camera whore. He said she’s already just like her mom. Oh, he’s sweet, ha ha! Below is a picture of sweet Kenleigh Mae Howarth!!!

16 comments:

Katy said...

Yayyyy!!! A girl! You two are going to have the cutest little girl ever! That's so exciting!!!! Glad she cooperated at Fetal Fotos!

Salazar Family said...

Oh Sara, I am so excited for you. It really is amazing to see them in an ultrasound and to know that you are helping this little person grow and come out to this world. And to feel them move and kick is the best! I love it!! Congrats... oh and did I say im SOO excited for you???

Marcy Cheney said...

Thank you for calling Dad and I first about sweet little Kenleigh!!! You already have that "Mothers intuition" and you were so right all along about the baby being a girl. Dad and I just can't wait to meet our newest grandchild and hold her in our arms. You and Zach will be such great, fun parents and she is lucky to be born into your family. We love you and can't wait until June.

Lizz Pizza said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! And I LOVE the name!!!! I'm so excited to be a pretend aunt! haha! I told my mom last night that you were having a girl, and Adalie said "Oh really Mom?! Zach and Sara are pregnant and having a baby girl?! Is she going to be my cousin?" I was shocked! It was pretty funny that she would attach your name to zach and so on! You guys are going to be amazing parents! Anyway my dear, lets get together soon please!

Love you!

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

Yay for girls! Just think of all the huge bows and flowers you'll get to put in her hair. I'm jealous! And there is just something so cute about daddys and their little girls. Daddy is just instantly wrapped around his little girl's finger. Did you ever think a grainy, black and white photo could be so cute?

Jen Ashment said...

Congrats!

cleo cheney said...

Hey Mouse, All I can say is Thank you for another beautiful addition to our family.

I love you Dad.

Kathy said...

Congrats and cute name, no matter how it's spelled!

Starla said...

How fun! Girls are so much fun, but oh they are drama drama drama!! And yes oh yes they wrap their daddy's around their little fingers. We are so excited for you guys! I love the name and hope to see you guys soon!

Rasmussens said...

I am so happy for you. There is nothing like a sweet little girl. She will be wrapped around Zach's finger. Good luck

Lisa said...

Girls are so much fun, you get to dress them in the cutest stuff. She will be adorable, I am very happy for you. Congrats!!!

Andrea said...

YAY!! I'm so excited your having a girl!! And I love the name you picked out, so cute!

Tami said...

Congrats! Your so cute Sara! Love ya Aunt Tam

Cisneros Family said...

Congrats. You will love a little girl. That is so fun. I hope you are doing ok. I am very excited for you guys.

Kim and Sean said...

Congrats Sara!! I am very excited for you! I also love the name you picked out! Very cute! Hope all is well. Love you guys, Kim

Marcy Cheney said...

Okay Missy...it's time to update the blog with cute lil pics of your baby bump. You can piss & moan all you want about feeling sick, but it's just Kenleighs' way of telling you that she needs some camera time so her Grandpa & Nana can see her. I am missing you sooo bad right now and don't know how I'll make it til June!! Luvs...Mama