Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kenleigh Mae Howarth

Born August 29, 2009 @ 6:33 p.m. - 7 lb. 2 oz., 19.5"

Kenleigh Mae has arrived. I think I say in all my posts that I ramble way too much. Once again I’m sorry this is so long, I like details! I’ll attempt to spare you the minute by minute. My last Doctor’s appointment was Tuesday, 08/25 and I left with absolutely nothing to report…nothing – 39 weeks and still no progress. This time I wasn’t down. I knew that Kenleigh was healthy and when she was ready she would come. I finished the week feeling like my normal self. Stefanie’s wedding was set for the 29th and I was in her line. Zach and I went to Clinton Friday night for a BBQ dinner they had to give everyone a chance to get acquainted. It was a ton of fun and lots of just relaxing. We got home around 11:30 p.m. and went straight to bed. As I was going to sleep I felt like saying to Zach, “something feels different”. I pretty much felt different my whole pregnancy so I figured it was nothing. I woke up at 2:30 a.m. and knew I was having contractions. Nothing too strong and not super regular; the hours went by and they got worse and worse. My breathing through them finally woke Zach up. I told him I thought I was in labor and he thought we needed to go right away. I told him that I won’t be that girl that gets sent home and I wanted to do my labor as long as possible at home. He left to work around 7:30; around 10 I couldn’t take it anymore. The labor and delivery nurse said not to come in until my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and a minute long. They were only 3-6 minutes apart and about 45 seconds long. At that point I didn’t care. I called Zach and had him come get me – even if just to take me in for a pain shot to help me relax. We got to the hospital around 11 and by then my contractions were exactly where they wanted them to be. One nurse checked me and I was barely dilated, not even a 1 yet. She thought they would have to send me home but had us walk for an hour to see if there was progress and not false labor. 30 minutes into the hour I was buckled on the floor crying with each contraction (I was a baby having a baby)…sad huh? We got back to the room and no progress with dilating, however, I had softened. She was able to work some things out (um, down there) and get me admitted. YES!!! It was around 2:00 p.m. that they gave me my epidural at about a 2+ and broke my water 30 minutes later – still a 2+. At 3:45 they checked me again, still 2+ so they decided to start me on pitocin. 45 minutes later 2 nurses rushed in because Kenleigh’s heart rate wouldn’t stableize; I was a 5+. They said when a mother labor goes that quick the baby doesn’t generally handle it well. They took me completely off pitocin. They checked me one hour later and I was a 9+…I couldn’t believe how quick that all happened with only 45 minutes of pitocin. I was so excited and so scared I couldn’t stop crying. The doctor got their around 6 and I started pushing around 6:15. After 3 contractions of pushing Kenleigh was born at 6:33 p.m. I have never in my life cried so hard. She is amazing. She is amazing. She is amazing! I thank God every minute for the most precious gift on earth. She is amazing. Zach wanted a boy so bad for our first child. He came to terms quickly that we were having a girl but of course still wanted his boy. Now, he says he can’t even imagine what it would have been like to have a boy. He is so addicted to her. He holds her every chance he gets and hasn’t watched TV in days because he can’t stop staring at her. Oh we are so lucky. Pictures are below.
Zach's first picture with Kenleigh
Kenleigh and me hanging out
More hangout time
Kenleigh in her coming home outfit (love it)
Zach and Kenleigh - He can't put her down
(*the wet spot on the couch is her first poop on Zach and other items - too funny)
Doing what she does second best - Chillin'. First best is sleeping during the day!

Seriously? Could she be any cuter? Um, NO!!!

14 comments:

Becky said...

Sooooooooo cute! Your a momma! congrats. I want to see you guys before i go back to Ohio if your feeling up to it.

Marcy Cheney said...

Finally!!! A picture of Kenleigh and her Mommy...YAY!!! She is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her next week...YAY, again!!! I have to say that parenthood suits you and Zach perfectly. Love you guyz...Mama

Katy said...

Congrats!!! She's perfection! You're such a fun/funny writer... I enjoyed reading this!!!! Good luck, looks like Kenleigh is in GREAT hands with awesome parents!!!

The Leavitt Family said...

Kenleigh is BEAUTIFUL and is one lucky little lady to have such awesome parents. Have fun on your journey through parenthood, it continuously gets more fun! Love ya!

Lisa said...

She is so adorable!!! Congrats!! I stopped by last Tuesday but you were not home. Let me know when you have a min I would like to come see you guys.

Stacie said...

Congrats Sarah and Zach. We are so excited for you guys. She is beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Lizz Pizza said...

Oh my word!! Perfection is the first word that pops into my mind!! Congratulations Mama and Zach! And way to go lady! Sounds like you did a fantastic job! I can't wait to come and see you! Its going to be a few more weeks before I can drive myself around..but I swear I will get out there!! I love you and miss you terribly! She's perfect!

Salazar Family said...

She is so adorable!! I have a gift for you... Ok well its more for Kenleigh than for you. But I'll let you open it! So let me know when it's a good time to stop by and visit! Congrats again! Im so excited for you guys and also for myself!! I get to babysit that adorable bundle of joy!! YAY!!!

j said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! Kenleigh is soooo cute!!! I hope you're feeling well. You look great! What a beautiful family you have!

Stefanie said...

Sara and Zach, I'm so happy for you! She's incredible. I can't wait to see her grow and watch you go through the adventures of motherhood. You're going to be an amazing mom!!

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

Congratulations Sara and Zach! She is so adorable and absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy for you. We missed you at the wedding but I guess you had a good excuse. :) Have fun being a mommy!

Audrey said...

Ok Seriously not fair how fabulous you look! :) And she is just too cute! I can't wait to tell her all our stories! :) And let her and Emma play!

Carrie said...

I love it! I can't believe we are already here. Hopefully, Annabelle and Kenleigh will become best friends soon! Xoxo

Malena Aragon Everill said...

Girly she's absolutely perfect! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. Love you all, and let me know! :)