Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One Month Old



Wow, I can’t believe it. A month with Kenleigh has already come and gone. She turned one month old yesterday. She has been such a joy to have around. I am however definitely ready to get out of the house a little for the remainder of my maternity leave and explore the world that has almost been foreign to me. Here is a few things Kenleigh has been up to:
*Sleeping – during the day, not at night. However, now she has developed colic or reflux or something…she cries pretty much always if she isn’t eating or sleeping. I take her to her pediatrician tomorrow to check for reflux. Poor girlie.
*She loves light. It’s funny to leave the room with the light on and go into somewhere dark. She’ll turn her head as far as possible to keep looking at the light.
*Her eyes are still gray. The never did go blue (in my opinion). We are hoping they turn green.
*She loves taking a bath – she hates getting out!
*Her neck is getting really strong. She likes to hold her head up by herself whenever possible and look around.
*We think she is smiling more just because…not because of gas.
*She recognizes our voices. When I’m gone and come into the room she gets really excited…this excites me.
*She loves to be rocked but hates her swing…great!
*She has the hiccups about three times a day.
*She got her first real baby acne yesterday on her one month birthday.
*Her hair is still red but is falling out quick. I'm excited to see if it comes back red.
*She’s pretty much perfect!!!

10 comments:

Rasmussens said...

She is beautiful. It was so fun to see you guys, even if it was short. We really need to get together more often! Love ya!

Stefanie said...

Sara, she is so beautiful, keep the updates coming, you'll appreciate them in the future. You should do the same stuff animal in all of her monthly pictures to show her growth, I love those pictures!

The Leavitt Family said...

Your update is too cute. She's a beautiful little girl. :) Love the idea to keep track of how big she's getting. It's crazy how fast it goes.

Marcy Cheney said...

WOW...she has already grown in the week since I was there! She is so beautiful and I hope that the dr. will give you some good news. If it is reflux they will give her some meds to deal with it. We love you guys so much and can't wait to see ya again (hopefully soon).

Tami said...

I hope her hair stays red!We kinda like red heads:)I'm glad all is well. She is beautiful! Love Aunt Tami

Lisa said...

Sara, you are the most adorable mommy!!! I love your enthusiasm. Sheb is so adorable!!!!

Lisa said...

sheb???? I meant she:)

Salazar Family said...

She's absoluetly adorable! Only 2 more months... Boo for you, but Yay for me!!!

grams said...

WOW, KENLEIGH IS REALLY GROWING, AND WHAT A DOLL. YOU KNOW YOU WERE A BEAUTIFUL BABY. LOOKS LIKE SHE IS FOLLOWING IN YOUR FOOTSTEPS. COURSE I SUSPECT ZACH IS HAS A LOT TO DO WITH IT. STILL CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER AND YOU AND ZACH TOO. LOVE YA

Anonymous said...

Sara! I want to come and see that new little bug! She is beautiful! It makes me cry to see Zach as a daddy! Please call me, because I don't have your # anymore since Brett dropped my phone in the lake while we were boating!:( Mmmmuah!