Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Why would anyone beg to drive?

I think it’s time for a little update on how life is going. In my life I have been incredibly blessed with so many things at this point and I wouldn’t feel good about asking for more. However, if someone (maybe a genie perhaps) came to me and said since you have all of the immaterial blessings in life a person could ask for name a few things on the materialistic side you wouldn’t mind having. It would take no time at all for me to casually mention, to the genie of course, that I need a personal driver. It’s true; I need nothing else in life but a personal driver. I HATE to drive with an absolute passion. Buy me a brand new $100,000 luxury car and I don’t want it if it means I never have to drive again, but could still have the convenience of getting from point A to point B within a decent time frame. If I were an inventor (don’t count me out yet, I may become one after this) I would invent this perfect speaker sound system for the outside of cars. There will be some rules that come with it but those will come later. The gist of my invention is this. If someone is in the fast lane and feels like going slower than the slow lane you can simply tell your apparatus to tell the idiot (clearly not appropriate) in front of you to MOVE! Somehow my invention will use some generic voice though because we don’t need high pitch screams flying toward your car while you are trying to drive…even if you are an idiot. My list of examples can go on for days, but I’ll keep it to one. Use your imaginations and I’m sure you will be in agreement that this invention is a must. Wow, onto the real reason I started this entry. Poor Zach is not allowed to drive for a full 8 weeks. This means that he has 4 or 5 weeks left. He told me a couple weeks ago that he is having a really hard time having people wait on him. Obviously for an independent person this becomes difficult. The fact of the matter (I hate when people say that) is that he has to deal with it. We as his family do not mind driving him all over the place because it’s what family is for. I secretly hate it because I hate to drive…shocker! He told me that he will critique every little thing I do in my driving until I finally give in to him and let him drive. I laughed so hard, I thought it was a joke. Don’t you worry he was being 100% serious. Three weeks into me being his personal driver (he takes my biggest dream and makes it reality for himself) we have had no normal driving conversation. It goes like this…Sara turn here (as if I didn’t know), Sara weren’t you going here, Sara I think you’re going to wrong way, speed up, slow down, don’t turn so sharp, who taught you how to drive? All of this followed by a giggle from Zach. Zach thinks I’m going to give in against his doctor’s orders and let him drive out of pure frustration! I called the doctor and updated him on Zach’s progress. Please see very professional illustration. Doc knew right away Zach was trying to get away with driving and forbade it. Now I think Zach really believes me and started being the nice man I married! I think Zach has finally come to terms with the idea that he wouldn’t be driving for several more weeks. I don’t know what he’s complaining about! He really is being such a trooper though and I’m so proud of him for keeping such a great outlook on things! I love you honey!!!

3 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time. You crack me up and I can just hear Zach critiqueing your driving. I think you got your driving skills (is that what they're called?) from your Dad. Nothing frustrates him more than going slow in the fast lane...and of course he believes he owns the fast lane!!! Any of this ring a bell? Anyhow, tell Zach to hang in there and "enjoy the ride" because it will be over soon enough. Love ya...Mama

cleo cheney said...

Sara, I love you to death, but come on get over yourself. Your poor poor shattered body of a husband is layed up miserably all day watching soap operas and reruns of little house and the waltons and all you can do is complain about driving. Tell zach that he should milk this out for the full eight weeks because trust me Zach life as you know it now will be over before you know it and your life of spunge baths and back rubs will soon be over and youll be back to fixing your own dinner at chick fillet. Ha Ha I love you mouse.... send a pic of zachs scar!!!!!!!! Love Dad

Audrey said...

I can't believe what happened! That is crazy! Tell him he better remember his promise not to tick me off harrasing my favorite cousin he's getting into deep water there!!! I'll come and re-break his hips if he keeps it up! Tell him you're doing the best you can with your driving and if he has a problem with it that he can just sit his skinny butt at home! :) I hope you're doing good. Miss you! Aud