Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy 4th of July...Belated!

In “Sara fashion” I’m going to start making all of my blogs belated. It’s my goal. From now on I’m not posting any of my updates on time. Lucky for me, it’s called “Sara fashion” for a reason. The beauty of my goal is that I don’t even have to try. I absolutely HATE when people are late with things and for some reason I can’t seem to do anything on time. Hmmmm, I think they call people like me hypocrites. What to do…what to do. So I wanted to post about my 4th of July! By the way, happy belated 4th of July. We had so much fun. Zach, me, Cori, Brandon, Launa & Teiha all drove to Casper Wyoming for my grandparent’s 50th wedding anniversary! It also doubled as a family reunion. Usually when we do a family reunion on my mama’s side it’s on the 4th of July weekend. Anyway almost everyone that came stayed in the same hotel and it happened to be the hotel the party was at! It made everything very close and convenient. I haven’t seen this side of my family in 4 years! It was soooo good to see everyone. We always pick up right where we left off. I’m technically the “step” grandchild, cousin, niece on this side of my family and I love them more than they will ever know because they have never made me feel “step”. In fact I don’t think I have ever heard a single one of them ever mention that word! I can’t even think of a time in my parents’ marriage where “Marcy” – my mom – has ever introduced us as her step kids. And to me Marcy has never or will never be known to me as my step mom. I'm so lucky to have two moms! How amazing is that? We didn’t see fireworks this year but we did have a lot of fun. Jarod and I were BEST friends in high school and since I have moved back to Salt Lake we have naturally drifted apart. Only in the sense of how often we talk and small things like that. Oh, and I only get my butt smacked once a year now instead of 8 times a day! Don’t ask…or judge…please! We will always be incredibly close. Anyway, he and Lindsay flew up too and so it was fabulous spending time with them. It’s good to spend more and more time with Lindsay. I did learn this weekend that I wasn’t exactly welcoming to her when she became a part of the family. For that I feel really terrible. I didn’t realize how protective over Jarod I was. He picked a good one though; she keeps in right in line! I am so grateful for my GIGANTIC FAMILY from all over the place. I sure wish I got to see more of everyone. I love you guys so much!
Dad & Teiha. He is such an amazing grandpa! Though I don't know first hand because I don't have kids and for that I'm pretty sure I just got taken out of the will.
Grandma & Grandpa. Such a great example of what true love is.
Zach & me Dad & me All the kids minus Kyle (he sadly couldn't make it) The whole immediate family (minus Kyle)

1 comment:

Marcy Cheney said...

Oh Sara...you are the BEST!!! I love reading your blogs and thanks for the nice tribute (if that's what you call it). We had such a great time and your pictures definately turned out better than mine. Our family is the greatest and we always have such a great time when we get together---sad that it's not more often so guess we'll have to work on that one. I love you so much...