Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Is minor addiction always a bad thing?

I ask this because I think I have developed a minor addiction. This has done nothing for me except boost my self esteem. Tel l me how that can be bad…(hey dad, if you are reading this try to remember that not everything that goes through your head needs to be said out loud). There are a few others this bit of advice might be useful for as well, you know who you are! We have this fun place in Salt Lake called Boondocks and let me tell you I have become addicted. I’m like a child again…and some would say “again” isn’t really appropriate to use here. Anyway, Zach and I go and race the racecars and my discovery is that I am really good at it. I told my mama that I would post a picture but even though I took my camera I was too busy kicking butts to take the picture. I’m not generally a competitive person but for some reason if you put me in these cars all bets are off. We went last Saturday with some friends and I got out in front and there was this car tailing me so bad that he kept hitting my back bumper. I kept hearing this little voice get so annoyed, but I wasn’t going to let up. Not for anyone. When I looked back I could see Zach and our friends dying of laughter but I didn’t know why. I couldn’t see the person that kept hitting me in the back because he was too close. Anyway when the race was over (and I won) Zach and our friends pulled up behind me and I asked them why they were laughing and they pointed to their left and there was this little boy just behind me seriously about to cry. Had I known I was competing with a 7 year old the race may have ended differently. You know, me in 2nd or something. Ok, it’s true, I’m a terrible person…had I known I was competing with a 7 year old I would have still stomped all over him but I might have been yelling sorry during the race instead of hysterical laughter. We all have our faults right? I don’t even see how that 7 year old was over 36 inches anyway. He should have stuck to his little kid track and left to big doggs to do their business!!!

6 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

I wouldn't expect anything less from you---that's a funny story!!! I now know why I got so frustrated trying to teach you to drive. Lets just hope that this gene will not be passed to your children. And to answer your question--addiction in any form sounds bad--so lets just say it's your passion. Love you Missy

Stefanie said...

hmmm...now we have a new lunch adventure! Let's go, I'm sure it's a lot funner than the Bouncy place...although that was a lot of fun!

cleo cheney said...

finally i figured out my password problem and if i said out loud what i was thinking during this process i would of been expelled from the house!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy & Amy Mahmood said...

Cayden says "let's go women!" that kid was a cry baby!!!

Audrey said...

You were always good at making the boys cry! Guess it doesn't matter how old they are. :) Too funny. Love ya Aud

Kim and Sean said...

That is great! They have one of those here in Boise and yes it is a riot! They have my new fav arcade game there the deal or no deal- that is my addiction!! Fun to read. Take care. Kim