Sunday, September 21, 2008

Three-Year Anniversary

Friday was me and Zach’s three year anniversary. I’m not sure if we are still considered “newlyweds” or not. Some say if you are married two years or more you are no longer newlyweds and some say you are if you are married 5 years or less. I’m not sure who write the rules but I’d like to speak to him/her. I’m curious what justifies a newlywed. I say we will always be newlyweds because we will always make sure it feels “new”. Wow, that was just really sweet of me. I knew it was in there. Anyway, we don’t have any tradition per se; we just like to go to a nice restaurant and whatever else. Since I have met Zach I’ve been known to be a story teller. Whatever, fine…some would say it started long before I met Zach. Anyway, he seriously believes anything I say. I would say over the last year he has started calling my bluff but I can get him to recant that pretty quick if I try hard enough. So a couple of days ago I asked Zach if he has done any anniversary shopping lately. He said something like, “why, you think it takes months or something?” I told him that with the budget we set for each other he might of wanted to start early (this is funny because we have never discussed anniversary gifts…we just do whatever). He thought I was being serious, like maybe we really gave each other a budget. I told him that we talked about it a while ago and we agreed to spend at least $300 on each other this year since it’s year three and I think it needs to be special. He believes me…does he seriously think that I really want $600 spent for our anniversary? I felt really bad because his face was something of shock and disbelief. I’m usually begging him not to get me anything because I honestly don’t understand the point behind it. Well anyway, I told him I was kidding because I was feeling bad. He did give me some fabulous roses and we went to dinner at Spencer Steak & Chops or something. It was so tasty!

4 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Good job Zach---the roses are gorgeous!! I can't believe it's been 3 years already. You two were just meant to be together, because let's face it, no one else gets you Sara like Zach does. I mean that in the sweetest way. It's just nice to grow old with someone you really like spending time with, someone who laughs at your jokes and sarcasm, who takes the best care of you when you're sick and most importantly, that loves you more than anyone else on the planet. Love you guyz...

The Leavitt Family said...

Good job guys! Sounds like you had a wonderful night! Happy Anniversary!

Crystal :)

cleo cheney said...

Sara,
you know i love ya
Dad

Audrey said...

I am never disappointed when I read your blogs. I'm always laughing out loud! Can we say Zach is gullible! He should know by now to not believe much of what you say, I need to have a talk with that boy! Well maybe not that would ruin all your fun and I wouldn't want to do that! :) I love ya and can't wait to see you if that's still on! Let me know!