Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Officially domesticated?

So I have some good updates on my former posts. Today Zach went to his “hip” doctor…not hip as in he’s way cool but hip as in the joint that connects your femur to your pelvis. His doctor said that he is in excellent condition. The weirdest thing happened though through his recovery. His scar tissue traveled from his thigh to his lower back…strange, but doctor Hawes said he will still be swollen for the next six months or so which means the scar tissue can still shrink. Dr. Hawes also said that the hip looks really good in the sense that Zach probably isn’t going to get the necrosis – something something. Something about his hip can still die from lack of blood from the injury and if it did he would have to have total hip replacement. Yeah, that’s it. Anyway, the X-Ray was looking good but just in case he has to go back in March for one last check-up. Keep your fingers crossed that everything continues to go well.
Next – I cooked dinner. It’s true that I occasionally cook but nothing too exciting. This time I cooked without a cook book and no input from my fellow peeps. I tried to call my mom to find out how to make her delicious fried chicken but she was too busy to answer my call so I had to go on…after a moment of tears. Yes, so I cooked fried chicken, mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, corn on the cob and for the hell of it I made onion rings (incredibly healthy) and a sweet potato haystack. Um, interesting mix it’s true. The verdict from Zach was…….DELICIOUS! It was actually kind of fun too. So now I’m wondering if I might not be so bad if I could just learn a thing or two. I do keep telling Zach that if he would buy me one of those things (I think they are actually people) that would come up and do all the prep for me to cook I would cook for him on a more regular basis. Something about those cost money and we aren’t rich. Here’s to hoping...

2 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

I'm so proud of you--sounds like a Paula Dean dinner to me!! And you really didn't need me, afterall I've only told you like a million times how to fry chicken--you just needed to get in the kitchen and do it. You best not do it too often though or Zach will start expecting dinner every night! Glad that Zachs' hip is doing so good and I know that when he goes back in March, it'll all be good. Love you both...Mama

Jeremy & Amy Mahmood said...

Tell you what, I'll prep...you cook. But that means you also have to drive to Herriman and watch the food cook for 6 people :)